Plan C: go for the gusto and use Spring Security (aka Acegi).  Learning Spring
and Spring Security should keep you busy for the next year or so.  Definitely
looks good on the resume though.

Charl Gerber wrote:
Hi everyone,

Does Tomcat provide default support in some way to implement a 'remember me'
feature for form based authentication? This should not be dependent on a user's
browser remembering the username/password, but by a checkbox you can
check/clear on the logon jsp.

If so, where do I find it? If not, how can I implement it? My guess is that I
store the user credentials in a cookie, but how do I get every jsp/servlet in
my application that requires authentication to automatically retrieve this and
skip authentication? Sounds like a lot of overhead, unless Tomcat can take care
of it.

Plan B, less desired, could be for the cookie to be read only in the logon (via
javascript) jsp and automatically fill the credentials. So the user only have
to type 'Submit' to logon. Not auto logon, but at least saves some typing.
Pretty much the same as the browser would have done it, except your app now has
control.

Thanks!

Charl