> From: news [mailto:n...@ger.gmane.org] On Behalf Of Thufir
> Subject: instance has been stopped. could not
> loadoracle.toplink.essentials...

> I can't quite predict with certainty when this error
> will occur:

And we can't predict what Tomcat version you're running on.  You might be a
mentat, but the rest of us aren't.

>  86899  Feb 28, 2009 10:05:50 PM
> org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader loadClass
>  86900  INFO: Illegal access: this web application instance has been
> stopped already.

It looks like the webapp was already on the way down when the above message
(note that it's INFO, not ERROR) was displayed.  You may have run into the
problem of your logging environment trying to reinitialize itself when it
shouldn't.  You can try setting the system property:

org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.ENABLE_CLEAR_REFERENCES

to false, but that may end up with a webapp that can't be reloaded.  Doc is
here:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/config/systemprops.html#Other

(Mixing anything from Oracle with MSSQL?  That's gutsy.)

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.