On Sun, 01 Mar 2009 09:24:08 -0600, Caldarale, Charles R wrote:

>> From: news [mailto:n...@ger.gmane.org] On Behalf Of Thufir Subject:
>> instance has been stopped. could not loadoracle.toplink.essentials...
>
>> I can't quite predict with certainty when this error will occur:
>
> And we can't predict what Tomcat version you're running on.  You might
> be a mentat, but the rest of us aren't.

    Uproot your questions from their ground and the dangling roots will
be seen. More questions!
        -Mentat Zensufi

Server Information
Tomcat Version  JVM Version     JVM Vendor      OS Name         OS
Version         OS Architecture
Apache Tomcat/6.0.18    1.6.0_10-b33    Sun Microsystems Inc.   Linux
2.6.27-11-generic       i386

Which is all manually installed on ubuntu.

>>  86899  Feb 28, 2009 10:05:50 PM
>> org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader loadClass
>>  86900  INFO: Illegal access: this web application instance has been
>> stopped already.
>
> It looks like the webapp was already on the way down when the above
> message (note that it's INFO, not ERROR) was displayed.  You may have
> run into the problem of your logging environment trying to reinitialize
> itself when it shouldn't.  You can try setting the system property:

Yeah, I've just been ignoring the INFO, as you point out and it doesn't
seem to matter.  Nebeans undeploys and redeploys, and maybe restarts
tomcat as well.  I suppose settings for those actions would be in
netbeans.

Sounds like something fairly safely ignored?

thanks,

Thufir