> From: Darryl Po force a entz [mailto:djpe...@yahoo.com]
> Subject: Tracking down OOM - PermGen using jmap and jhat
>
> in both cases when I run jmap/jhat the resulting output shows
> the memory to still be littered with the application classes.

Which is likely the exact memory leak you're looking for.  However, you do need
to force two full GCs to insure that unreferenced Class objects are scavenged.
If you've done the GCs, then look for where the references to the classes are
coming from; that's the cause of the leak.

> Is there another way to 'unload' an app such that it will
> force TC to also unload all of its associated classes?

TC does not unload classes, a full GC by the JVM does - but only when all
references to the Class objects have been cleared.

Other information you need to supply on your next posting:

1) Tomcat version

2) JRE/JDK version (including 32- or 64-bit)

3) platform you're running on

4) JVM command-line options used when starting Tomcat

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.