Hi,

On 10.03.2009 19:47, Mohit Anchlia wrote:
I am currently testing this. Hoping this will help us achieve 0
customer impact when we upgrade our system.

Is it possible for mod_jk to check 2 ports to determine if that worker
should be out of service? For eg: if 8010 is down but 8009 port is up
then bring that worker out of service? But the data port will continue
to be 8009. Here is the problem, to successfully receive the traffic
we have 2 dependencies 1. App server (port 8009) and 2. Queue server
(port 8010). If anyone of those servers are down then we can't receive
the traffic. But mod_jk only knows about 8009.

No, mod_jk only knows about Tomcat AJP connectors. If you wat to coordinate a bigger more complex system, you need to do this externally. mod_jk only provides you with information about the state of the part of the system it knows (the configured Tomcat AJP connectors, e.g. workers) and it provides entry points to change the configuration state, e.g. switching activation via status worker.

The rest is up to you :)

Regards,

Rainer