Jonathan Mast wrote:
We're using the AccessLogValve extensively and I'm wondering if anyone can
tell me what happens when an active (ie. today's) access log file is
deleted?

Will Tomcat handle this gracefully or go bonkers?

Well, did you try ? does it, like, go bonkers ?

In a general sense, I don't think you should really do that though, there must be better/safer ways. But starting that discussion is likely to lead us into a discussion of Tomcat logging, which is a delicate subject on this list. A bit like chaos theory : how the fluttering of a butterfly's wing in the Amazon can cause a tornado in the Midwest..