> From: Jonathan Mast [mailto:jhmast.develo...@gmail.com]
> Subject: Upgrading to Java 1.5
>
> I want to migrate to Java 1.5.  Is it possible to
> do this vis-a-vis Tomcat by just altering what the
> /usr/local/java link points to?

You'll also need to remove the compatibility package that you installed in
order to run Tomcat 5.5 with the 1.4 JRE.  The compatibility package consists
of:
  bin/jmx.jar
  common/endorsed/xercesImpl.jar
  common/endorsed/xml-apis.jar

Leaving them around can cause classloading problems under a 1.5 JRE.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.