Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
From: Jonathan Mast [mailto:jhmast.develo...@gmail.com] Subject: Re: Upgrading to Java 1.5

Will the java 1.5 installer do anything under-the-hood that could prevent the v1.4.2 JDK from working?

I suppose that depends on the installer being used.  I've certainly had
multiple functional levels of a JDK installed simultaneously on both Linux and
Windows, so there's nothing intrinsically wrong with doing that.

To the OP : careful now. Chuck is sitting there like a spider, baiting you, and getting ready to jump on you the minute your next post indicates that you are under Linux and installing your java package with the standard platform installer ...
;-)

Well, are you ?