All

    This is too weird, I am hoping somebody can explain it to me. If I change
my configuration to the following:

<IfModule proxy_balancer_module>
    ProxyRequests off

    <Proxy balancer://my_cluster>
        BalancerMember http://192.168.1.20:8080 loadfactor=1
        BalancerMember http://192.168.1.21:8080 loadfactor=1
        BalancerMember http://192.168.1.22:8080 loadfactor=1
        Order Deny,Allow
        Allow from all
    </Proxy>

    SetHandler balancer-manager

    ProxyPass /examples balancer://my_cluster/examples stickysession=JSESSIONID
    ProxyPassReverse /examples balancer://my_cluster/examples

    ProxyPass /my_application balancer://my_cluster/my_application
stickysession=JSESSIONID
    ProxyPassReverse /my_application balancer://my_cluster/my_application

</IfModule>

Everything appears to work exactly as expected. My sessions are acting like
they are supposed and everything seems to be playing nice. So why does taking
the "ProxyPass" and "ProxyPassReverse" out of the "Location" tags make it
work???

Thanks for reading and replying.