so you mean in the same machine you will be hosting different domains

test1.example.com
test2.example.com
test3.example.com
...??

and you want to avoid having a conflict when someone is accessing
other domains example test1, test2, ... ?

actually if this is your case there is no problem at all, if you
create a domain for each of your known
domains/subdomain (test1.example.com,tes2.example.com,...) they will
be considered for requests
that targets them
so for example requests for test1.example.com --> proper domain
defined in server.xml and for anything
else undefined "*"
the defaultHost would be handling the requests

Yassine