Is this: http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/setup.html
the extent of the setup docs?

I'm reaching it by editing the hosts file on my windoze machine to resolve
all www.mysite.com requests back to an internal ip which is the machine in
question.

Tomcat is running as root or at least thats what "ps auxf" indicates.

I rolled back to the original server.xml, restarted Tomcat and I'm still
getting a "Failed to Establish Connection Error" in my browser for
www.mysite.com:8080.  But www.mysite.com is working.

Furthermore, I can tell you that "netstat -a" indicated no listener for port
8080 and that that Catalina logs look ok.

thanks,

On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 12:24 PM, Peter Crowther <peter.crowt...@melandra.com