Hi everyone,

I'm one of the developers for TurnKey Linux, a community oriented open
source project developing a family of free, Ubuntu-based installable
Live CDs which are lightweight and optimized for ease of use in
server-type usage scenarios (e.g., LAMP, Joomla CMS, Drupal, Ruby on Rails):

http://www.turnkeylinux.org/appliances

We're proud to announce the release of TurnKey Apache Tomcat, an
installable live CD of Apache Tomcat that can run on real hardware in
addition to most types of virtual machines (e.g., VMWare, VirtualBox,
Parallels, Xen HVM). It is designed to provide users with a
pre-integrated, auto-updating, turn-key operating system environment
that is carefully built from the ground up with the minimum components
needed to run Apache Tomcat with maximum usability, efficiency, and
security.

Basically this is an extremely easy way to get up and running with
Apache Tomcat in just a few minutes.

Feature highlights:

* Auto-updated daily with latest security patches
* SSL support out of the box
* Elegant Web administration interface (Mac OS X themed)
* Minimal footprint (212MB)

Full details: http://www.turnkeylinux.org/appliances/tomcat

BTW, this type of pre-integrated, ready-to-use system is typically
called a software appliance:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_appliance

Take a look and tell us what you think!

Cheers,