We have Quartz jobs running in back ground. It needs to know whether this
instance has to run the job
or not. Earlier we use to catilina.base which we can read as System property
. now all the servers have
the same instance names..so i am just thinking is there any way this
property will help to get the unique name to find out the instance.

currently i have resolved this by the combination of catilina.base with
java.net.InetAddress.getLocalHost().getHostName()  which makes unique..