Mark Thomas wrote:
Anthony J. Biacco wrote:
I did end up trying it and it did work, I just didn't know if it was something
that's frowned upon, or would for whatever reason was planned to be phased
out/deprecated.

Nope. That is absolutely fine. I know of a number of large corporations
that use that feature extensively. We get it essentially for free with
the xml parser so it is going to stay.

My ears just kind of popped up on this thread.
Would not the same kind of subterfuge be applicable for the case where you send an updated app as a war-file to a customer (thus including its web.xml), but this customer has his own different parameters to set in the web.xml ?