On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 9:21 PM, André Warnier <a...@ice-sa.com> wrote:
> Leon Rosenberg wrote:
>>
>> I'm sorry, I can't shut up my mouth on this, but you are telling myths :-)
>>
> And anyway, you just all forget this Java nonsense, and use Perl, as Real
> Programmers do.
>
> That's just kidding of course, but let's keep a sense of perspective.

Hello André,

I don't want to start a new religious war, so I'll live most of the
mail unanswered, however, one thing:

> And that's also where the versatility of Apache httpd comes into play, a
> versatility which Tomcat does not match and probably never will, because the
> purpose of each is different.

That's true, httpd is able to do everything (and nothing right:-)) but
what I'm speaking up against is this
stupid reflective answer "you need a httpd in front of your tomcat".
You don't. There might by reasons, some of them stated by you, but
also other,
where its appropriate, but its not the rule, its an exception.
The rule and therefore the standard answer should be: "you don't need
an apache httpd in front of your tomcat unless, ..." and not
"put an apache in front of your tomcat and stop thinking anyway" as it
often is today.

Having said that, lets close the thread anyway :-)

regards
Leon