On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 1:35 PM, Jack, Brandy <bj...@quiktrip.com> wrote:

> We currently have a 3rd party application that isn't stable and we have
> to restart Tomcat at least once a week to keep the application running.
>
> We have nagged the 3rd party vendor so much about other application
> fixes that asking them to fix this would require some information and
> statistics that indicate it is a coding or configuration issue.

What happens if you /don't/ restart? Aren't there log messages that
would be enough to convince them there's a problem?

> Has anyone had any experience in regards to gathering performance stats
> for Tomcat

Here's one from lambdaprobe running on my production server (on
Tomcat 6.0.x) -- "UP for 328 days 19 hours 34 minutes"

One example of *not* requiring weekly restarts  :-)

FWIW,
--
Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ hassan.schroe...@gmail.com