> From: Jack, Brandy [mailto:bj...@quiktrip.com]
> Subject: RE: Weekly restart of Tomcat service
>
> If we don't restart, the users cannot access the application.

If you can reproduce the problem in a test environment, that would help.

Regardless, take a thread dump of Tomcat when the situation occurs; the
mechanism to do so varies by platform and JVM (you didn't bother to tell us
that, or even the version of Tomcat you're using).  On a reasonable recent JVM,
the easiest way to get a thread dump is with the jstack tool from the JDK.

> But I'm not sure which log files contain the errors I
> should be looking for.

Any and all of them may contain useful information.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.