> From: Mackstar [mailto:richard.macks...@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: Tomcat 5.5.27 404 for JSP's in a particular derectory
>
> 1. The shuppin directory is a subdirectory which is inside a ROOT
> application directory, it has other sibling directories which are
> working correctly.

They may appear to work correctly, but that's probably just an accident.  Each
webapp should be directly under the <Host> appBase (by default, that's Tomcat's
webapps directory).  Placing a directory under webapps/ROOT makes it part of
the default webapp rather than being its own webapp.

Sounds like your directory setup is incorrect, as well might be other config
settings.  What <Context> elements have you specified?  Where are they located?
 What's in the individual webapp WEB-INF/web.xml files?

> 2. OK I get your point on using the invoker, do you think if I remove
> the usage of the invoker then my problem may resolve itself?

No, that won't fix it, but you should avoid the invoker servlet at all costs;
it's highly unfortunate that it's even still available.  You will need to
supply servlet mappings in each webapp's WEB-INF/web.xml file to replace the
invoker servlet.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.