> From: Rainer Jung [mailto:rainer.j...@kippdata.de]
> Look for a GC fix (1.6.0_13), or try the child vm, or try switching to
> another GC algorithm, like CMS.

(Coming to the thread late, sorry if this has all already been said).

Also consider bad RAM, or memory corruption caused by some native code, if you
have any native code in your app - JNI, ODBC drivers, other database drivers
that are not pure Java, etc.  From my days dealing with  Smalltalk GC, I found
the commonest cause of a crash during GC was a bad object header somewhere in
the heap - usually because something's overwritten it or a bit's flipped due to
bad RAM.

                - Peter