Dave Filchak wrote:
André Warnier wrote:
Something doesn't square :

this :

Dave Filchak wrote:

Ok, so we assume your tomcat's CATALINA_HOME and CATALINA_BASE are both /usr/opt/tomcat, and below that you have directories like
- bin
- conf
- webapps
- logs
right ?
Correct.

and this :

Starting Razuna Tomcat:
Using CATALINA_BASE:   /opt/tomcat
Using CATALINA_HOME:   /opt/tomcat
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /opt/tomcat/temp
Using JRE_HOME:       /usr/opt/jdk1.6.0_13
done.

So, where that /usr/opt/tomcat coming from ?
Where /is/ tomcat installed ? starting at /usr/opt/tomcat, or at /opt/tomcat ? or are these two symlinked somehow ?
Yes .. the actual path is /usr/opt/tomcat but the is a symlink on the root which makes it /opt/tomcat

And what is this ?
May 13, 2009 3:02:39 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina stopServer
SEVERE: Catalina.stop:
etc..

What is this Tomcat trying to connect to ?
I do not know. This only started after I added this second domain.

Speparately :

According to your server.xml file, this Tomcat has a <Connector> set up for port 8080, through which you could access it directly.

So, what happens when you point your browser at
http://exodus.zuka.net:8080/exodus
This times out

and at
http://exodus.zuka.net:8080/exodus/something.html
(replace something.html by the name of a html document that is really in your webapps/exodus/ directory)
This times out as well

and at :
http://exodus.zuka.net:8080/exodus/images/someimage.gif
(replace by an image that exists there)
as does this.

Allright.
There is something really strange going on.
Can you, from some command window it does not matter where, do
nslookup exodus.zuka.net
and check if the IP address that comes as a response is really this same host we are talking about ?
(you can check the current host's IP addresses with
ifconfig -a
)

Then, just for completion, start Tomcat and then do
netstat -an | grep LISTEN
and paste the output here