> From: Dave Filchak [mailto:sub...@zuka.net]
> Subject: General errors in virtual host setup
>
> This reflected the paths in the new server.

It's generally bad form for a webapp to know where it's deployed, indicating
some degree of laziness or ignorance on the part of the webapp developer.
However, you're probably stuck with it.

>       <baseRoot>/usr/opt/tomcat/webapps/exodus</baseRoot>

Don't know what exodus expects here; a file system path, or a URL path?  The
former would be unusual.  You'll need to consult whatever doc you have for
exodus to verify correctness.

> <systemLogFolder>/usr/opt/tomcat/webapps/exodus/WEB-INF/logs/
> </systemLogFolder>

It's really, really bad form to write into the webapps directory; you need to
move the logging area to somewhere else.

> With this, I am wondering if I have the exodus directory in the right
> place as it crosses into the default host space.

Yes, that's a problem; the two should not overlap.  Do you really need two
<Host> elements?  (I suspect not.)  Regardless, setting appBase to
webapps/exodus cannot be correct.

1) Do you expect to be hosting more domains in the future?

2) Do you want the exodus webapp to be the default webapp for exodus.zuka.net?

3) Do you need the existing Tomcat webapps to be available under
exodus.zuka.net (or available at all)?

Your setup will vary depending on the answers to the above.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.