Dave Filchak wrote:
I am going to step away from this for about an hour to get a break and something to eat.

Just a bit before I do: tomcat was installed as a service and when I restart the service, I get these errors. However, when I go to /opt/tomcat/bin/shutdown.sh and then startup.sh, I do not appear to get an error.

Dave

OK .. back and have made SOME progress.

I can now connect to my default site as long as I add the port into the url. However, I have changed the port to 8081 and the connector port to 8010. I did this because when I did a netstat -o, there were about 50 connections in a CLOSE_WAIT state to port 8009. Now, when I restart tomcat I do not get any errors.

So, after fiddling with this, I can now properly connect to the default site and view the Tomcat homepage and then connect to the jsp and servlet examples and all seems fine. So now I moved on to the actual application.

The site root is in /web/exodus.zuka.net/docs. I have added a ROOT directory to this. I have moved my exodus.war file into this ROOT directory. When I restart tomcat, the WAR file is not unpacked. I have verified the site by creating an index.htm file and then changing it to an index.jsp file and both work. Not sure why the WAR is not being unpacked and deployed. Here is what I currently have for a configuration:

HTTPD

ServerName exodus.zuka.net
   ServerAdmin webad...@zuka.net
   DocumentRoot /web/exodus.zuka.net/docs/ROOT/
   <Directory /web/exodus.zuka.net/docs/>
    Options none
    AllowOverride None
    Order allow,deny
    allow from all
   </Directory>
   ErrorLog logs/exodus.errors
   ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /web/cgi/exodus.zuka.net
   CustomLog logs/exodus.access combined
   JkMount /* exodus
   JkUnMount  /images/* exodus

workers.properties

worker.list=rosewood,exodus

#
# Defining a worker named ajp13w and of type ajp13
# Note that the name and the type do not have to match.
#

worker.rosewood.type=ajp13
worker.rosewood.host=localhost
worker.rosewood.port=8010

worker.exodus.type=ajp13
worker.exodus.host=exodus.zuka.net
worker.exodus.port=8011

<Server port="8005" shutdown="SHUTDOWN">

 <!--APR library loader. Documentation at /docs/apr.html -->
<Listener className="org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener" SSLEngi
ne="on" />
<!--Initialize Jasper prior to webapps are loaded. Documentation at /docs/j
asper-howto.html -->
 <Listener className="org.apache.catalina.core.JasperListener" />
<!-- JMX Support for the Tomcat server. Documentation at /docs/non-existent
.html -->
<Listener className="org.apache.catalina.mbeans.ServerLifecycleListener" /> <Listener className="org.apache.catalina.mbeans.GlobalResourcesLifecycleLis
tener" />
<!-- <Listener className="org.apache.ajp.tomcat.config.ApacheConfig" modJk=
"/usr/local/apache2/modules/mod_jk.so" /> -->

 <!-- Global JNDI resources
      Documentation at /docs/jndi-resources-howto.html
 -->
 <GlobalNamingResources>
   <!-- Editable user database that can also be used by
        UserDatabaseRealm to authenticate users
   -->
             type="org.apache.catalina.UserDatabase"
             pathname="conf/tomcat-users.xml" />
 </GlobalNamingResources>

 <Service name="Catalina">

   <Connector port="8081" protocol="HTTP/1.1"
          enableLookups="false" acceptCount="100"
              connectionTimeout="20000" debug="0"
              redirectPort="8443" disableUploadTimeout="true" />

   <Connector port="8011" protocol="AJP/1.3" redirectPort="8443" />
   <Connector port="8010" protocol="AJP/1.3" redirectPort="8443" />

   <Host name="localhost" appBase="webapps"
         unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true"
       </Host>

   <Host name="exodus.zuka.net" appBase="/web/exodus.zuka.net/docs/"
       unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true"
   </Host>

            resourceName="UserDatabase"/>

   </Engine>