> From: Dave Filchak [mailto:sub...@zuka.net]
> Subject: General config errors
>
> Further to my ongoing troubles, I decided to reinstall tomcat and java.

>From where?  The Tomcat web site, or a 3rd-party repackage?

> Then I configured a single default host

Why did you have to change anything for that?  There's already one in the
default configuration.

> every time I add a second host to server.xml, it kills
> the connector port.

What does "kills the connector port" mean?  I've never seen an error message or
log entry with those words in it.

> the connector port on 8009 disappears

Disappears from what?

> the new port for the second host is not there either.

<Host>s don't have ports, <Connector>s do.  All <Host>s within an <Engine>
share all the <Connector>s for that <Engine>.

> Any ideas?

Post your server.xml so we can look at it.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.