Christopher Schultz wrote:

Peter,

On 5/18/2009 3:19 AM, Peter Crowther wrote:
From: Arijit Sarkar Job Gmail [mailto:arijit.k.sar...@gmail.com] So
If I have an web application deployed on tomcat and windows XP
pro, theoretically, unlimited users can connect to the application simultaneously? Tomcat or Windows XP does not place any limits to
that?
There are no limits imposed by XP's license - XP's 10-connection
limit applies only to it acting as a SMB server, and doesn't affect
anything else.

I have seen claims that it also affects IIS connections. Is it just that
anything server-related that Microsoft sells is limited to 10 (total?
per package?) connections when running on a non-"server"-branded version
of Windows?
Yes. We have run into that issue ourselves. It's handled the same as if a server had been trying to handle more connections than it was licensed for. This definitely includes IIS clients and SMB shares. I don't know if it also includes microsoft ftp and e-mail connections, but it may (probably does, in fact).