Rainer,

On 5/22/2009 8:55 AM, Rainer Jung wrote:
> You could run a JSP including a call to System.gc();

Right. The JVM is out of file descriptors. I cannot deploy a new JSP
onto the server without restarting it. ;) I mentioned this in my initial
post.

> First of all this really looks bad and interesting. So we would benefit
> from understanding what's going on.

Filip indicates that there is a resource leak fixed in the NIO
connector. I'll have to build that and upgrade my TC installation to see
if it fixes this problem.

> Are there chances you can try again and see, whether those additional
> FDs for the static content go way if ou trigger a major GC, either via
> such a JSP, or via the JConsole or any other way you like?

I've tried everything I can think of. jconsole couldn't connect (still
out of file descriptors!) which I also already mentioned. I gave up a
few minutes ago and stopped the server in preparation for upgrading the
connectors themselves.

I'll reply once I have some more information.

Thanks,
-chris