Guy Cube wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We are also haveing exact same issue in our environment. We are using
> JBoss 4.2.3, Apache 2.2.11 with mod_proxy_ajp using ajp to connect between
> Apache and JBoss. It happens intermittently and when i happnes all AJP's
> TCP connections are stayed in ESTABLISHED state on JBoss machine. In
> thread dump, all AJP threads are in waiting state.
>
> Anyone found solution or work around for this issue?
>
> Thanks,
> GC

For now I have set the connectionTimeout to 10 minutes on my AJP connection,
e.g.
    <!-- Define an AJP 1.3 Connector on port 8009, timeout in 10 mins. -->
    <Connector port="8009" address="${jboss.bind.address}"
protocol="AJP/1.3"
         emptySessionPath="true" enableLookups="false" redirectPort="8443"
         connectionTimeout="600000"
    />

I am monitoring results, it is too soon to tell if this alone will solve the
problem or if I also have to delve into my firewall (I was incorrect in my
original response above - there IS a firewall between my IIS proxy and my
JBoss server, and it has a 1 hour idle tcp session timeout), or my IIS proxy
(which is configured with a 5-minute socket timeout).

Ken