> From: dfobox [mailto:dfo...@gmail.com]
> Subject: Php, tomcat, mappings and authentication.
>
> Can I make php work under Tomcat?

It can be done, but it's less painful to do with httpd.

> Can I make apache render php pages, while Tomcat renders jsp?

That's probably better.

> Is it easier to implement mailing and registration on php
> instead of jsp, as it seems to me?

That may well be only because you're more familiar with PHP.  Personally, I
would keep everything on Tomcat, in Java (admittedly, I am less familiar with
PHP, plus it can become a maze of twisty little passages rather quickly).

> I'm using basic authentication provided by tomcat, with
> username and password stored in tomcat-users.xml file in
> apache-tomcat-6x/conf directory.

Definitely wouldn't recommend such a mechanism for production use - not
terribly robust, and subject to hacking if anyone has read access to the conf
directory.  Tomcat provides several alternative built-in realms:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/realm-howto.html

Or you can use a popular filter with more options:
http://securityfilter.sourceforge.net/

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.