Rainer Jung wrote:

Assuming that you did refresh the jkstatus display: what is your test
client? The fact that you see OK/IDLE, but all requests go to the other
node indicates, that you are using requests with associated session, so
the balancer is not allowed to send them to the other node and thus does
not detect the down node. Check to remove the JSESSIONID cookie before
sending requests, or use a client which allows cookie disabling (like curl).

Is there any way to make it ping and detect a dead Tomcat without a request coming in? I thought I was doing that with the worker.lbbasic.ping_mode=CI setting.

Thanks.