Below is the config that I have and this works.

I have looked at your workers.properties file. There are few entries that I am
not sure of.

So I would suggest trying to simplify your config until you get a functional
system. Once you reach that stage, then you can add more complication to it
until you are happy with a final config. All the while tailing the mod_jk.log
file to monitor the changes and see the effct of the system.

Hop this helps.

**Workers.properties file**
worker.list= loadbalancer1, loadbalancer2, prod_se1, prod_se2, prod_sea,
prod_seb

worker.prod_se1.port=8009
worker.prod_se1.host=10.16.6.166
worker.prod_se1.type=ajp13
worker.prod_se1.lbfactor=1

worker.prod_se2.port=8009
worker.prod_se2.host=10.16.6.167
worker.prod_se2.type=ajp13
worker.prod_se2.lbfactor=1

worker.prod_sea.port=8210
worker.prod_sea.host=10.16.6.166
worker.prod_sea.type=ajp13
worker.prod_sea.lbfactor=1

worker.prod_seb.port=8210
worker.prod_seb.host=10.16.6.167
worker.prod_seb.type=ajp13
worker.prod_seb.lbfactor=1

worker.loadbalancer1.type=lb
worker.loadbalancer1.balance_workers=prod_se1,prod_se2

worker.loadbalancer2.type=lb
worker.loadbalancer2.balance_workers=prod_sea,prod_seb

**jk.conf file**
JkWorkersFile /etc/httpd/conf/workers.properties
JkLogFile /etc/httpd/logs/mod_jk.log
JkLogLevel debug
ErrorLog /etc/httpd/logs/jk_error_log
CustomLog /etc/httpd/logs/jk_access_log common

JkMount /search-engine* loadbalancer1
JkMount /2-search-engine* loadbalancer2

Kind regards / Met vriendelijke groet,
Lawrence Lamprecht