I have tomcat running on a dedicated Windows server (this is a web server).
I have been reading apache's site on Virtual Hosts for tomcat and I have a
few questions.

Here is how I need to get the software up and running.

1 instance of tomcat to serve on port 80 across all sub-domains (not an
issue)
1 instance of MySQL serving on port 3306 across all sub-domains (not an
issue)

Create a virtual host for each company, by following the instructions in the
virtual hosting section of the docs.  I do have a question though.  My /conf
directory is not exactly the same as what it is calling for (Approach #2).
Should I go ahead and mirror my /conf directory to have the same structure
as what the doc's are calling for?

Bind each virtual host to the corresponding sub-domain (not a clue on how to
do this)

Any information would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you all in advance!

- Josh