On 06.06.2009 02:05, Rainer Jung wrote:

>>> in order to make the flush also effective for httpd.
>>>

>> Just realized I didn't disable caching before I did that last test,
>> heres the image with caching disabled.
>>
>> http://207.7.102.90/~thecorp/apache-ajp-withflush-nocache.jpg
>>
>> Its 2 seconds slower than tomcat but its definitely loading files
>> concurrently as it should. Any ideas why the static files are taking so
>> much longer than with tomcat?
>
> The difference is obviously how the bunch of pictures is handled, that
> were retrieved close to the end. Those images - I suppose - are static
> content. They are very small. So needing 2 seconds to serve such an
> image is much to long.

The previously send log files show, that those .png requests are not
forwarded to Tomcat. So what is actually answering them? Apache web
server directly? Did you put them into the DocumentRoot? That should be
much faster, than what you see.

I hope you don't still have MaxRequestsPerChild set to 1? That would be
very very bad.

Start a couple of more servers with StartServers and increase the
difference between MinSpareServers and MaxSpareServers.

Anything special in the httpd error log?

Regards,

Rainer