> From: Toni Menendez Lopez [mailto:tonime...@gmail.com]
> Subject: Peaks in cpu due to ContainerBackgroundProcessor
>
> I write this message because I have an application working in
> jboss-4.0.3SP1 and jdk1.5.0_10, and I have the problem that CPU is
> going lots of peaks each 20 segs ( aprox.).

Which version of Tomcat is included with jboss-4.0.3SP1?

> I have find that thread which is doing this peak is
> ContainerBackgroundProcessor of Tomcat.

It's not unusual.  Among other things, this background thread checks for
session timeouts and changes to webapps that require restarting the webapp.  If
clustered, there's additional work done for that.  Also, the JSP servlet is
called by this thread to check for any recompilations that might be needed.
The default interval in a standard Tomcat is 10 seconds; perhaps JBoss changes
this to 20.

You can reduce the overhead by insuring that the reloadable attribute for all
<Context> elements is false, and avoid updating JSPs on the fly.  Note that
file timestamps that appear to be in the future can trigger unnecessary
recompilations and reloads.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.