> From: Toni Menendez Lopez [mailto:tonime...@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: Peaks in cpu due to ContainerBackgroundProcessor
>
> -Can you please tell where to comfigure tomcat in order to avoid
> recompilatiom.

Do what I said: insure all <Context> elements have the reloadable attribute set
to "false" (put it in the global conf/context.xml, if JBoss has one), and don't
update JSPs on the fly.  If you want to pre-compile JSPs, you can use the
script in the Tomcat doc:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/jasper-howto.html#Web%20Application%20Compilation

Also, if you don't want Tomcat to monitor changes to files such as
WEB-INF/web.xml, remove any <WatchedResource> elements that are nested inside
<Context> elements.

Note that all of the above applies to a standalone Tomcat; configuration of a
Tomcat inside JBoss may be different, and would be an appropriate question for
a JBoss support list.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.