From: Caldarale, Charles R [mailto:chuck.caldar...@unisys.com]
Sent: Friday, June 12, 2009 3:25 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Upgrade to Tomcat 6 on Ubuntu

> From: Mukerjee, Neiloy (Neil) [mailto:neil.muker...@alcatel-lucent.com]
> Subject: Upgrade to Tomcat 6 on Ubuntu
>
> However, I have tried going through the regular install process of
> Tomcat 6, and it doesn't seem to overwrite Tomcat 5.5

If you're using a proper Tomcat download from tomcat.apache.org, that behavior
is expected.  Each version installs in a different directory so you can have
multiple versions installed simultaneously.

If you're using a 3rd-party repackaged version, you'll have to discuss it with
the vendor of that package.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.