> From: Josh Gooding [mailto:josh.good...@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: Just a few questions on my Tomcat Configuration
>
> Maybe each company would have a customized few pages each with
> their own directories, tied to their own schema, etc, but point
> to the core application in another directory.  Everyone would
> see their own front ends, but use a common "framework" in the
> backend maybe?

That's quite a bit more than I was referring to, and I find it unlikely that
any company would want its processing to be shared with others in the same
webapp.  Better to have separate deployments for each, even if the underlying
webapp is identical in each instance.

> Are those API's part of teh standard Tomcat docs?

The ones I referred to for adding and removing <Host> elements dynamically are
part of the Embedded class:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/api/index.html

The doc states that components can be added and removed on the fly, even after
the start() method has been invoked.  I've never tried it.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.