Hello,
That's my first post for users@tomcat.apache.org list so I'd like to
say hello to everybody.

I've got the big problem with forward REMOTE_HOST from Apache to
Tomcat. On the Apache side everything works ok. I've tested it with
PHP script and it simply works. But on the Tomcat side REMOTE_USER
header value is not available. I spend almost all day today to solve
it. I've read a lot of articles and it still doesn't work. Please help
me :)

What I've already done is testing for many different ways:
1) rewriting:
http://osdir.com/ml/apache.mod-auth-kerb.general/2005-10/msg00009.html
2) tomcatAuthentication set to false

I also try that in Tomcat 5 and there I had also problem.

If I use JkEnvVar REMOTE_HOST I've got attribute available on the
Tomcat side, but I need that value in header (I want to use
RequestHeaderPreAuthenticatedProcessingFilter from Spring Security).

Any advices? Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
--
Maciej Matecki