On Sun, Jun 28, 2009 at 5:31 AM, Christopher
Schultz<ch...@christopherschultz.net> wrote:

> Maciej
>
> On 6/24/2009 10:15 AM, Maciej Matecki wrote:
>> I've got the big problem with forward REMOTE_HOST from Apache to
>> Tomcat. On the Apache side everything works ok. I've tested it with
>> PHP script and it simply works. But on the Tomcat side REMOTE_USER
>> header value is not available.
>
> [snip]
>
>> What I've already done is testing for many different ways:
>> 1) rewriting:
>> http://osdir.com/ml/apache.mod-auth-kerb.general/2005-10/msg00009.html
>> 2) tomcatAuthentication set to false
>
> Which connector are you using? AJP or HTTP? If AJP, are you using
> mod_proxy_ajp or mod_jk?
> [cut]

I use mod_jk. Thank you for your suggestions. Finally I set in Apache:
JkEnvVar REMOTE_USER and in my preauth filter I can get the user by:
httpServletRequest.getAttribute("REMOTE_USER");

Actually I've got much more bigger problem I can't get compiled module
for kerberos with Apache on Windows :(

Regards,
--
Maciej Matecki