Mozart_uno wrote:
Can you tell what are the tricks in Unix, as I have a similar problem ..?

I believe he referred to inetd's wait/nowait parameter.
Read this for example :
http://www.gsp.com/cgi-bin/man.cgi?section=5&topic=inetd.conf
and particularly the wait/nowait parameter, and even more particularly the "wait" choice.

The generic idea is :
1. inetd listens for connections on port X (say 8080).
2. When a connection request for that port comes in, it forks a server process (the program indicated on the same inetd.conf line). 3. This server process handles the connection, and any subsequent ones on the same port (meanwhile, inetd does not do anything anymore, except watching if that server process dies). 4. When that server exits, inetd takes over that port again, and back to item 1.

Now, whether that works reliably with Tomcat as the server, I don't know.