> From: Martin Gainty [mailto:mgai...@hotmail.com]
> Subject: RE: Seeking the right solution to
> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
>
> any reason why Tomcat managed DB connection would not read mysql jars
> located in WEB-INF/lib?

The Tomcat-provided DBCP classes can't see anything in WEB-INF/lib, since the
Tomcat classes are handled by the common classloader, which does not look
downward:

      Bootstrap

       System

       Common
       /     \
  Webapp1   Webapp2 ...

I think it would be possible to modify Tomcat's DBCP handler to make use of the
webapp's classloader, but it would be tricky to avoid hanging onto references
to that classloader and resulting PermGen exhaustion after some number of
webapp reloads.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.