Pleaase take a look at the Error log I have attached and the link
http://forums.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=5372855

In the tab box that pops up when tomcat6w.exe is double clicked, I have (it
was not there initially) specified Java Classpath as
C:\apache-tomcat-6.0.20\bin\bootstrap.jar, if so why does the log file at
C:\apache-tomcat-6.0.20\logs\jakarta_service_20090724.log have an entry
saying "Failed loading main  class
C:\apache-tomcat-6.0.20\bin\bootstrap.jar"

In my Apache Tomcat 6 properties tab box in the Startup tab the entry class
and image has no entries what should they be

Varuna

2009/7/24 Varuna Seneviratna <varunasenevira...@gmail.com>

> [...]
>
> (NOT_STOPPABLE,NOT_PAUSABLE,IGNORES_SHUTDOWN)
>         WIN32_EXIT_CODE    : 1066       (0x42a)
>         SERVICE_EXIT_CODE  : 0  (0x0)
>         CHECKPOINT         : 0x0
>         WAIT_HINT          : 0x0
>

> The SERVICE_EXIT_CODE is 0 (0x0) what does that mean is left to find out.I
> am working on it
>

> André Warnier wrote:
>> Probably because then, you started Tomcat using the "startup.bat" command
>> file, and not the parameters contained in the Registry.
>> It is certainly logical, but you would have to examine "startup.bat" to
>> find the exact reason.
>> Do that as an exercise, it may help.
>>

> I checked "startup.bat" it does not contain "JAVA_HOME" But it does contain
> "%CATALINA_HOME%", I am not aware how .bat file scripts work well as you
> said I will explore how and what this means
>

> Anyway, now seems the appropriate time to see what our friend the
> "tomcat6w.exe" program has to say.  Remember, this is the GUI program that
> allows you to examine (and change) the Registry parameters that are used by
> tomcat6.exe when it tries to run the JVM and Tomcat.
> Look at the various tabs there, and try to find something which does not
> fit.
> We cannot really help you there, because of course this is only on your
> syst
>
> For example, on my Windows XP station, I have this under the "Java" tab :
> Java Virtual Machine : C:\Java6jre\bin\client\jvm.dll
> Java classpath : C:\Tomcat5.5\bin\bootstrap.jar
> etc..
> all of these paths should be correct of course.
> What do yours look like ?
>

> In my "tomcat6.exe"  in the Java  tab there was no Java Classpath I pointed
> it to
> C:\apache-tomcat-6.0.20\bin\bootstrap.jar  and Java Virtual Machine is
> C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\client\jvm.dll
>  In the startup and shutdown tabs the working path just as was "Path to
> Excecutable" pointing to a location false location, I changed it and now
> Working Path is
>

> C:\apache-tomcat-6.0.20
>
> In the General tab "Path to Excecutable was wrong and as described above I
> corrected it and now it is "C:\apache-tomcat-6.0.20\bin\tomcat6.exe"
> \\RS\\Tomcat6
>

> Thanks
>
> Varuna
>
> 2009/7/23 André Warnier <a...@ice-sa.com>
>
>> Good, we are making progress !
>>

>> Varuna Seneviratna wrote:
>>
>>> Andre:
>>>     I edited the service.bat, only part that had to be added was "echo
>>> Using %EXECUTABLE%:"
>>>
>>> C:\apache-tomcat-6.0.20\bin>service.bat install
>>> Installing the service 'Tomcat6' ...
>>> Using CATALINA_HOME:    C:\apache-tomcat-6.0.20
>>> Using CATALINA_BASE:    C:\apache-tomcat-6.0.20
>>> Using JAVA_HOME:        C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_14
>>> Using JVM:              C:\Program
>>> Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_14\jre\bin\server\jvm.dll
>>>
>>> Using C:\apache-tomcat-6.0.20\bin\tomcat6.exe:
>>> cat6.exe" //IS//Tomcat6 --StartClass

--
Kind Regards Varuna

Varuna Seneviratna
No 514 Udumulla Road