Konstantin Kolinko wrote:
When given the long command

C:\apache-tomcat-6.0.20\bin>"tomcat6.exe" //IS//%SERVICE_NAME%
--StartClass
org.
apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap --StopClass
org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootst
rap --StartParams start --StopParams stop

The above command displayed a message box with a big Red X round shape
mark(What do you call it?), titled "Application System"  and it's message
was nonAlpha 37

That is a new one to me, I never saw one of those.

I think that "SERVICE_NAME" variable was not defined, and you cannot
use "%SERVICE_NAME%" (literally) as a service name. The name must be
alphanumeric, no spaces etc., and "%" ((char)37) is not a valid
character here.

Of course ! I missed that. Thanks, Konstantin.

Varuna,

To start the Tomcat Service, from a command window, you should be able to run this command :

C:\apache-tomcat-6.0.20\bin\tomcat6.exe //RS//Tomcat6

This same command should be what you see in the tomcat6w GUI, in the "General" tab, under "Path to executable". If it does not look like that, then we have made a mistake earlier and need to correct it.