> From: Lin Chun [mailto:franks1...@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: Tomcat is stopped any errors
>
> We run the service with  Tomcat5.5+mod_jk+Apache 2  on a virtual
> machine (with 512m memory),

If your whole VM has only 512 MB, you should not be specifying 512 MB for the
Java heap - lots of other stuff has to fit in the VM space beside the heap.
You're pretty much guaranteeing that you'll have problems - such as the OOM
killer silently clobbering something, as you've found out.

> java.classpath.file=/MIDDLE/SESAM-Vitale/
> poc-bi.gie-sesamvitale.net/tomcat1/conf/classpath.txt
>
> java.args=-Xms128m -Xmx512m -Dnetworkaddress.cache.ttl=300
>
> optimizeit.enable=false
> optimizeit.hotspot=false

I'll bite: who uses the above settings?  They are not environment variables
recognized by any JVM launcher I'm aware of.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.