Hi,

It seems that I am encountering the same or similar problem. I am
getting the same exception using the same proxy setup (Apache httpd ->
mod_proxy_ajp -> AJP Connector -> Apache Tomcat), although I am not
certain that the exception occurs after 30 minutes. The only way to
reproduce this error involved using bandwidth throttler on a Windows
XP client. It also seems that the problem is reproducible only under
IE, but I might be wrong about this. I tried to reproduce the error by
modifying various timeouts, but I did not succeed.

Below are relevant configuration snippets:

<Connector  port="8009"

                protocol="AJP/1.3" connectionTimeout="120000" maxThreads="1000"
                minSpareThreads="50" maxSpareThreads="100" enableLookups="false"
                acceptCount="150" address="127.0.0.1"
useBodyEncodingForURI="true"

                compression="on"
                compressionMinSize="1024"
                compressableMimeType="text/html,text/xml"
                connectionUploadTimeout="3600000"
                disableUploadTimeout="true"

/>

Timeout 600

<VirtualHost example.com>

#[...]

        Timeout 3600
        ProxyPass / ajp://localhost:8009/
        ProxyPassReverse / ajp://localhost:8009/
        ProxyTimeout 3600

</VirtualHost>

Patrick, did you manage to find the cause? Does anyone else have a
hint what might be the cause?

Thanks for your help,

Mateusz.