Chris,

My thanks to you and Chuck for clarifying that.  The reason that I set up
httpd on the machine is for PHP and other possible languages.  I was trying
to be a little more future thinking, however, since PHP is no longer an
option for these guys, I'll just nix the httpd server and move back into a
solid tomcat install.

Moving onto the APR questions I have and SSL.  Let me ask this.  Does anyone
have / use gmail?  If so, next time you log in, watch what happens.  You log
in via SSL, yet when you view everything else your in standard HTML.

I downloaded the APR for Tomcat.  Dumb question, is there already a binary
distribution someplace?  If not, what do I use to compile them?  I read
something about a Win32 Developer Studio?  It looks like I might need Visual
Studio, which I can do, but is there a way to do this in Eclipse?

P.S.  I ditched Apache 2.2 for now.  I just moved my old server.xml into the
conf directory and stopped the httpd service.