Hi Christopher,

Thanks for the reply.
I am using Tomcat6 and Velocity 1.6
As I mentioned I know this problem is due to the mapping I added to
Spring context xml for Velocity engine bean,  SimpleMailMessage,
JavaMailSender because if I take it out from the xml, web application
gets initialized in the expected manner.
I did one more exercise for this problem. My web application being a
larger and complicated web application, Spring context xml has mapping
for lot of beans. So I creates an independent sample web application
with Spring MVC and tried to implement the email sending with velocity
template. It worked fine but when I merged it with my web original
application, it started throwing the same
ConcurrentModificationException exception.
I have no clue what is causing this problem.

Thanks,
- Pradnya

On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 1:49 PM, Christopher Schultz