I must have had this problem before but can't remember how I solved it.

I normally run as a limited user. I installed tomcat okay (simply
switching to an administrator account to do so) but trying to start
the server results in

 java.util.logging.ErrorManager: 4
 java.io.FileNotFoundException:
C:\Programme\Develop\CC_EnterpriseClient\server\t
 omcat\logs\catalina.2009-08-23.log (Zugriff verweigert)
         at java.io.FileOutputStream.openAppend(Native Method)
         at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
         at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
         at java.io.FileWriter.<init>(Unknown Source)
         at org.apache.juli.FileHandler.open(FileHandler.java:259)
         at org.apache.juli.FileHandler.<init>(FileHandler.java:59)
         at org.apache.juli.FileHandler.<init>(FileHandler.java:50

Basically, the user I am logged in as does not have permission to
write to the logs directory, and I would assume the same problem will
occur with the webapps directory when I try to deploy what I am
developing.

Any ideas how to solve this?