There are too many unknown constraints to answer - but I'll try.

In app B - use an init parameter which is a filename where test.xml is located.
    <context-param>
        <param-name>myfile</param-name>
        <param-value>/usr/local/more/cowbell/test.xml</param-value>
    </context-param>

Then when app b needs to write the file;
File f = new File(servletContext.getInitParameter("myfile"));
FileWriter fw = new FileWriter(f);
fw.write(stuff);

If you need to read the file from app B, use a file reader. This is an easy way to keep the apps decoupled

-Tim

ramzi khlil wrote:
Hi All,

I need to share a file between two applications, A and B.
A: I put my web site under Root folder and it is using test.xml file.
B: The second application which generate the xml file is host under webapps
application.
My question is how to allow to application B to update test.xml ?

Regards