On 21.08.2009 20:51, Andy Wang wrote:
> What are the general thoughts on the stability of the
> enable_chunked_encoding option for the IIS isapi redirector for tomcat
> and IIS?
>
> We're running into a scenario where something is causing IIS to not send
> down the complete response.  Haven't figured out exactly the cause yet,
> but the symptoms are the browser never acknowledges a response was
> complete even though tomcat has fully written the response out through
> to the web server.  Wireshark captures show the last few packets not
> being sent so the response is just a little short of what's to be expected.
>
> One thing we noticed was setting enable_chunked_encoding (with a
> redirectory built for chunked encoding of course) made everything work
> fine so I wanted to get a feel for just how experimental this really is
> and what the general consensus is on it's stability.

Difficult to answer. My feeling is, that the code is fine and the
original contributor Tim Whittington seemed to have used basically the
same code for quite some time.

On the other hand only having it in a separate binary will still prevent
most people to use it, so it might still not be used broadly out in the
field.

At least we are not aware of any problem with the chunked encoding code.

Regards,

Rainer