On 02.09.2009 22:17, Andy Wang wrote:
> Rainer Jung wrote:
>> Difficult to answer. My feeling is, that the code is fine and the
>> original contributor Tim Whittington seemed to have used basically the
>> same code for quite some time.
>>
>> On the other hand only having it in a separate binary will still prevent
>> most people to use it, so it might still not be used broadly out in the
>> field.
>>
>> At least we are not aware of any problem with the chunked encoding code.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Rainer

> Ranier,
> Thanks for the generally positive answer :).
> We're going to try to enable it out of the box on our IIS configurations
> and see how things go, so pretty soon, there'll be alot more machines
> potentially running with the chunked encoding option.
>
> I haven't looked that closely at the code, but was there enough worry
> that it would cause side effects to make it a compile time AND a
> configuration option?

I would say no, the configuration option is there for the time when we
start having the chunked encoding code in by default.

You can also do easier debugging, if you can turn it off without
switching the binaries. Of course as long as the two binares are
separate, turning chunking on by default would have been the more
natural choice.

Regards,

Rainer