> From: Bradley Wagner [mailto:bradley.wag...@hannonhill.com]
> Subject: Re: 100% usage and hanging on startup of Spring/Hibernate app
> in Tomcat 5.5 on Ubuntu 7
>
> And again in a new place on subsequent attempt.

There's nothing unusual that I can see in the traces, so it looks like you will
have to try random GC settings until something works (as Mark suggested some
time ago).  Try turning these tags on, one at a time:

-XX:+UseParallelGC
-XX:+UseParallelOldGC
-XX:+UseSerialGC
-XX:+DoEscapeAnalysis
-XX:+UnlockExperimentalVMOptions -XX:+UseG1GC

The last one is somewhat experimental, as the parameter implies.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.